Our Ethos council
What are the Ethos council?
At Cornwood Primary, we have a team of children who are active in ensuring that our school is distinctive as a Church of England School. Each class has two representative each and the children meet regularly with Miss Aldridge.
How have our Ethos council been chosen?
Our Ethos council have been chosen and voted for by their peers because they meet the following criteria:
- They have a firm understanding of our school’s Christian vision, where it comes from and what it means.
- They are able to talk about our Christian Values and where they come from.
- They have an interest in our school’s distinctive nature as a Church of England School.
- They are excited about finding evidence of our school's distinctive nature and character.
- They are spiritual detectors, identifying relational awareness through their self, others, the world and beyond.
- They are good communicators and willing to share what they have learnt with their class and the wider school.
Ethos council roles and responsibilities
Our Ethos council have the following roles and responsibilities in school:
- Help to lead worship and share some information about our vision and values with the rest of the school.
- Check class reflection spaces and talk about some of the key features
- Provide each class with feedback on their Reflection Space.
- Talk to visitors to the school about what makes us an excellent school.
- Attend some meeting to talk about plans for the future.
- Create a scrapbook of evidence to share our work on vision and values.